Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
The Amazon Music Visual Experience team is responsible for the Music client application on Amazon Music's apps on iOS, Fire Tablet devices and on thousands of Android devices. Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless Visual Music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Amazon Music is looking for a talented software developer to join us in revolutionizing the digital music customer experience. Our team develops, owns and operates the music services supporting Prime Music and Amazon Music applications.
· You will be responsible for building and maintaining the technology that offers digital music to millions of customers worldwide
· You will be developing highly available and scalable services on top of Amazon's world-class service-oriented infrastructure.
· You will collaborate with other talented software engineers at the Amazon Music, as well as other Amazon employees around the globe
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 1+ year of programming experience with at least one modern language
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
· Passionate about working on software that has a high impact on the business and the customer experience.
· Adaptable and can quickly learn new concepts and technologies. You enjoy moving fast and delivering results quickly and continuously.
· Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
· You care about making product decisions based on data and experimentation. You have built or used A/B testing tools and run multiple A/B experiments.
· You have worked on products that have at least 1 million daily active users (social networks, content companies, mobile/social gaming companies), ideally in a Growth team.
· You are full-stack. You can go deep as well as broad on a wide range of technologies as needed, from mobile to web, from API design to scaling services and data analytics.
· You have deep knowledge in some of the following technologies, and a willingness to learn the rest: AWS, Node.js, iOS, Android.
· You thrive on brainstorming new business and engineering ideas. You are passionate about music and the music business.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.