Ever wonder what it would be like to work for one of Amazon's disruptive businesses? Are you the sort of person who thrives in an environment where you have to be inventive every day because no one has done what you’re doing before? The finance team for MMCS (Migration Services, Marketplace, and Control Services) is looking for people like you!
AWS Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support the MMCS portfolio of services. This position will work with key business partners across AWS and other Amazon organizations to drive thoughtful planning, analysis, decision support, and controllership.
· Lead key analytical projects that influence and drive the business
· Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
· Build out and enhance financial models, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses
· Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders
· Create, maintain and improve management reporting
· Drive the financial planning / budgeting process
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5+ years of finance experience OR master’s degree and 3+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· MBA preferred
· Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
· Experience with TM1/Cognos or similar tools
· SQL or similar experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.