Safety and compliance Team within Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) – Safety team powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates the software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers, which move billions of units of inventory while keeping our promise to customers for deliveries. We are constantly innovating in the ways we can automate and accelerate the delivery of products and packages using state of the art software and hardware technologies.
With the scale and growth of Amazon, the Safety and Compliance team is beginning to do extraordinary work to protect our customers, business partners, transportation systems and environment. Our research and technology teams are able to keep illegal, dangerous and recalled products out of the reach of customers. We are working towards reducing the carbon footprint and being socially responsible at a global level. We use Large Scale Distributed Processing, OO technologies, Big Data, IoT, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Risk Modeling to solve the some of the most complex problems to protect and delight our customers.
Our team is looking for top-notch software developers who love listening to our customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. Our mission is to innovate and build scalable and robust software solutions that deliver a great customer experience. These software solutions will directly impact Amazon’s customers from product selection and order placement, to delivering products to our customers as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
What you’ll do?
· Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
· Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services and efficient physical processes.
· Work with cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
· Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
· 2+ years of professional experience in software development
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Solid experience in OO programming languages such as C++, Java or C#
· Solid UNIX or Linux experience
· Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
· Obsession with quality and customer experience - attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Background in distributed computing, service-oriented architectures and enterprise-wide systems.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
· Full stack experience ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
· Experience working with machine learning and artifical intelligence
· Knowledge of Python or Go
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
More Info on Inside Amazon