Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
Amazon is looking for passionate, talented, and inventive Scientists to help build world-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to create a delightful experience to Amazon’s customers by advancing the state-of-the art in Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Machine Learning (ML).
As part of our speech and language team, you will work alongside internationally recognized experts to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to build and advance state-of-the-art spoken language understanding systems. Your work will directly impact millions of our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will gain hands-on experience with Amazon’s heterogeneous speech, text, and structured data sources, and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
We are hiring in different areas of spoken language understanding, including but not limited to natural language understanding, intent classification, named entity recognition, dialog systems, text classification, machine translation, language modeling, finite state methods, etc. We will also consider candidates without explicit prior experience in these fields, if they are strong in machine learning, statistics, and coding, are eager to learn and have a "can do" attitude.
As a Senior Research Scientist on our team, you will build, extend and optimize cutting-edge spoken language understanding systems and conduct core research aimed at advancing the state of the art. This involves:
· Researching the latest modeling techniques. Understanding trade-offs between competing approaches, and identifying the ones that are likely to have real impact on our customers.
· Implementing and improving modeling tools, training recipes and prototypes utilizing programming skills in Python, Java and/or C++.
· Conducting experiments to assess the quality of speech recognition and natural language processing models and to study the effectiveness of different modeling techniques.
· Analyzing field data in order to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of the system.
· Presenting and discussing ideas and results within the team and with internal stakeholders.
· Providing technical guidance to other team members, and participation in strategic planning and project management for technical initiatives.
KDL-EU | speech-jobs
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
· Graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field
· Comprehensive and deep knowledge of a relevant field of research, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, speech processing, natural language processing, machine translation
· Solid programming skills
· Experience using Unix/Linux
· Dependable written and oral communication skills (English)
· Explicit (industry or academic) experience with with large vocabulary speech recognition or natural language understanding
· PhD and 5+ years of work experience in a product-oriented environment, or 10+ years of work experience
· Expertise in any of the following areas: algorithms and data structures, parsing, numerical optimization, data mining, parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing
· Be an avid programmer, with extensive expertise in Python, Java
· Experience in professional software development