At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we’re constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver customer orders. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and as cost effectively as possible. Amazon is seeking an exceptional Transportation Analyst who will be part of a start-up group that’s defining and building cutting-edge products and service capabilities supporting Amazon’s current and future delivery initiatives. Come join the team and help us make history!
As Transportation planning Analyst, AMXL you will be responsible for managing last mile and middle mile Trans S&OP planning across our European operations as well as implementing standardized process and quality for our Amazon special handling delivery service “AMXL”. To be successful in this position, you need to be very analytical, experience with planning, comfortable driving business decisions in a high pressure and often ambiguous work environment and interfacing with various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. This role will include a mix of transportation network planning and align long term strategic projects with short term tactical tasks. The ideal candidate has a broad skill set including highly analytical mindset, excellent business judgment, deep curiosity about how things work, strong written and oral communication skills and a passion for creating effective processes and mechanisms that scale.
Key responsibilities include:
· Build forecasts on all volume flows in our complex network with warehouses, multiple carriers, and delivery nodes.
· Identify opportunities to improve the accuracy of our forecasts, which involves owning projects from beginning to end: producing the analysis to understand the problem; convening a cross-functional team to resolve it; and monitoring the improvements you produce
· Work to set up processes that allow an orderly, high quality planning process across the year, which is especially important in a highly seasonal business
· Collaborate with teams with widely differing incentives to help them make the right trade-offs in terms of how the prepare for, and respond to, uncertainty, providing analysis that is sophisticated but easy to understand
· Provide reports and analyses through tools, portals and databases (Redshift, SQL, Excel, Tableau, and/or other data management systems) to allow full visibility of both the plan and our execution against it.
· Working with finance, product, supply chain and operations stakeholders to evaluate and drive business decisions in an ambiguous environment
· Designing program mechanisms to reduce bottlenecks, improve communication, identify risks, and gather feedback from a wide range of worldwide stakeholders
· Rolling up your sleeves to help get things done: we’re in start-up mode!
· Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses
Location is relatively flexible on this role and it could also be based in Luxembourg, Germany or United Kingdom..
This role is part of the Worldwide AMXL Program which is an initiative designed to help Amazon improve and expand the delivery of large items and those requiring special handling and additional services for exceptional customer experience. The target is to grow this business in the EU with excellent customer experience and cost position. This Analyst will be a resourceful and confident team player who can think out of the box in an ambiguous problem space, and is willing to roll up their sleeves to build a program that will significantly impact Amazon’s last mile delivery capabilities globally.
· 3+ years of planning experience with excellent analytical and project management skills, including work prioritization, stakeholder management, and task delegation
· Experience with SQL, Redshift and programming languages such as Python, R.
· Ability to understand quickly create new reports and create analytics where processes will need to be defined
· Very strong analytical experience, working with big data, querying complex systems in an operational environment
· Expert level Excel skills and reporting in other tools/systems to analyze data
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment. You create order, without stifling progress and adaptation
· Experience working with distributed teams, often in different countries
· Previous experience with leading multiple stakeholders across international organizations to improve process and quality
· Previous experience in a logistics organization
· Board-level exposure to program engagement and delivery
· S&OP / volume planning.
· Experience of delivering significant service and efficiency improvements within an intense operational environment
· Proficiency with SQL and directly interrogating databases