Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an internal communications leader to join the Worldwide Field Communications team. Our team’s mission is to connect the AWS field sales organization, at scale, with the information they need to engage with their workplace and colleagues, operate efficiently, and serve customers.
In this role, you will partner with the Project and Change Management Office (PCMO) and senior leaders across the business to develop and deliver communication strategies in support of major operational and change initiatives. This includes writing key messages that reinforce our culture and Leadership Principles, ensuring messages are shared consistently throughout the organization, and enabling leaders to effectively communicate with their teams. The role is also responsible for assessing change impacts, anticipating employee reactions, and providing expert counsel on strategies to mitigate risk and achieve desired outcomes.
This is a highly visible role requiring a high degree of emotional intelligence, strong judgment, and good instincts. The ideal candidate thinks strategically, dives deep into details, and ramps quickly on complex issues. This role also requires an individual who embraces ambiguity, maintains composure in fast-moving situations, and is energized juggling priorities.
· Lead the communications work stream for major operational and change initiatives; drive alignment between the PCMO, key stakeholder groups, and the embedded communications managers responsible for executing at the local level.
· Develop and manage communication plans detailing deliverables, owners, and deadlines.
· Write strategic messaging and talking points for various stakeholder groups.
· Develop messaging guides that ensure key information is shared consistently throughout the organization and enable leaders to effectively communicate with their teams.
· Distill change impacts into crisp, user-friendly communications including emails, frequently asked questions (FAQs), videos, how-to guides, presentations, and articles.
· Develop a channel strategy that utilizes a variety of communication channels such as all-hands meetings, newsletters, internal sales portal, and chat groups.
· Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize impact.
· Provide issues management and crisis communications support when required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field.
· 10+ years’ communications experience, including professional experience in internal communications and change management.
· Excellent writing skills are a must, with the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative.
· Demonstrable experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges.
· Experience working with and providing counsel to senior executives.
· Track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through communications.
· Ability to accommodate 25% travel.
· Experience leading communications programs for a multinational business.
· Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames.
· Ability to pay painstaking attention to important details.
· Strong project management skills and experience, including managing multiple internal stakeholders and projects at once.
· Ability to quickly absorb complex information across a variety of disciplines and translate to clear, compelling communications.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
· Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.