Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply learning techniques and advanced mathematical modeling to solve real world problems? Do you want to play a key role in the future of Amazon's Retail business? Come and join us!
The Amazon Demand Forecasting team seeks a Research Scientist to join our team. Scientists in Demand Forecasting lead the development of novel algorithmic architectures, toward the ultimate goal of accurately predicting customer demand for millions of products world-wide. This drives down supply chain costs and enables the offer of lower prices and better in-stock selection for our customers.
Working collaboratively, you will develop solutions to complex problems, such as designing the next generation of algorithms to drive the Supply Chain. As a Research Scientist, you will continue to contribute to the research community, by working with other scientists across Amazon and our Supply Chain, as well as collaborating with academic researchers and publishing papers. Within Demand Forecasting, our Science community values teamwork, supports continued learning, and recognizes the need to take risks and try new ideas that may fail. Furthermore, our builder culture means that Scientists and Software Development Engineers work closely together to invent and construct at a massive scale. Your work can be part of Amazon production system and result in concrete business impact. Recent work from Demand Forecasting includes papers presented at the NIPS 2017 Time Series Workshop, KDD 2018 Time Series Workshop, and ICML 2018 Deep Generative Models Workshop.
· Understand and mine the large amount of data, prototype and implement new learning algorithms and prediction techniques to improve forecast accuracy
· Collaborate with product managers and engineering teams to design and implement software solutions for Amazon problems
· Contribute to progress of the Amazon and broader research communities by producing publications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative filed
· Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Ph.D. or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 1+ of research or work experience in the job offered, or as a Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Software Engineer, or a related occupation.
· Employer will accept a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field and three years of research or work experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the PhD and one year of experience.
· Must have at least one year of research or work experience in the following skill(s): programming with a mathematical programming language such as R, MATLAB, or SAS or major programming language such as Python, Java, C++, C#, or C
· Experience formulating and solving predictive modeling, machine learning, forecasting or statistical modeling problems.
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 2+ years of research or work experience in the job offered, or as a Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Software Engineer, or a related occupation.
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts