Do you want to be instrumental in the success of some of Amazon’s strategic and highly impactful projects? Amazon’s Finance Operations Payroll team has an immediate opening for a seasoned Program Delivery Manager (PDM) as an individual contributor, whose experience illustrates a clear ability to drive high impact projects in Payroll to meet medium and long-term business needs. This is a regional role, and will be part of the Payroll Program Delivery global function.
The PDM is self-driven, and goal oriented with a focus in delivering business solutions that meets the users’ needs. Payroll/Finance/HR industry expertise is strongly preferred, but not mandatory. The regional Payroll PDM is a member of a global Payroll Program Delivery team. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries.
The Program Delivery function is within the Payroll team (Finance Operations) and as such this position will work with Leadership in Payroll Operations, Vendor Management, Operational Excellence, Payroll Solutions Partner and other large programs within Payroll, that will support the project inputs for the regional performance dashboards, stakeholder engagement, financial monitoring and readiness, change request management, data management etc. In addition, at the core, PDM will be responsible to largely manage the regional project delivery for EMEA, in regards to high impact Payroll projects in partnership with relevant stakeholders. The role may require up to 25% international travel.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program.
· Lead projects for Payroll of medium & large scale and complexity e.g. new vendor transitions, transformation projects, integration projects, or partner led Payroll projects.
· Work along with Payroll Operations, vendors, and internal teams to develop and constantly evolve standard dashboard formats and publish them to the stakeholders for discussions and reviews on an ongoing basis.
· Manage certain critical centralized tasks (~ shared services) e.g. review vendor financials and provide cost saving recommendations, drive vendor BCP program, provide strategic vendor RFI and RFP support to enable successful vendor due diligence.
· Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide stakeholders toward an objective.
· Work with stakeholders to understand the users’ goals and objectives and identify success criteria.
· Manage and present data to drive strategic business decisions.
· Work with all stakeholders to ensure implemented solution meets defined success criteria.
· Partner with the rest of the PD Global team, PMO and Payroll teams in assessing tools, approaches, processes, methodology and techniques to improve efficiency.
· 5+ years as a Project Manager working with different business/functional teams, should have implemented complex projects in the areas of product & platform transformation, project management, preferably in the financial sector.
· Payroll/HR implementation experience.
· They should have at least a high level knowledge of payroll process, system configuration.
· They should have strong background in testing strategies.
· Solid experience in conducting metrics review meetings with senior stakeholders and customers; exceptional communication and senior stakeholder management skills. Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, to deliver projects and initiatives.
· Experience with Payroll vendors (ADP, TMF, Accace)
· Experience in HCM
· Background in Financial services.
· Experience in dealing with 3rd party stakeholders
· Automation experience e.g. Macros.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Experience in PM tools.
· Strong understanding of financial spend; ability to review cost metrics and drive cost improvements as an enterprise program with operations and other stakeholders.
· Data analysis and modeling skills using multiple systems and sources.
· Basic experience in vendor management, RFP and RFIs.
· Sound knowledge of Shared Services and/or Program Management office