Amazon delights millions of customers around the world. Meet the behind the scenes team that enables our Operations and Human Resource Leaders to make informed decisions. The Amazon PeopleInsight team builds reporting and analytics tools for our teams that fulfill customer promise every day. Whether it is Fulfillment Center team that delivers your Prime order in two days, our Amazon Locker team that lets you pick up your package anytime that is convenient for you, our Prime Now team getting you lunch in under an hour, or one of many more, the PeopleInsight group is there providing people metrics along the employee life-cycle for our global operations businesses. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage predictive analytics using ML to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates.
We are now looking for a Software Development Engineer!
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will work as a full-stack developer using the latest AWS and NoSQL technologies to build responsive Java based web applications in a distributed service oriented architecture. You will work as part of a sustainable paced agile team and will play a technical hands on leadership role in your team giving you the responsibility, authority and autonomy to succeed. You will have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you build. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
You are our ideal candidate if you have a great deal of knowledge in handling high volume data and building data pipelines and databases. You are someone who thrives in fast-paced environment where problems are not always crisply defined and the challenges offer unlimited potential for innovation. You are a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and are as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are. Come join us to shape the future of people data at Amazon!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
PeopleInsight team is moving the Amazon HR forward on its mission to become the earth's most scientific HR organization. We have a variety of exciting, technically-challenging, business-impacting projects identified which contribute to this vision. Your work will directly impact not only Amazon's bottom line by inserting science into HR but will also impact the lives of our associates and leaders in Operations. Come change the world with us!
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
· 3+ years of experience in at least one modern programming languages (Java, C/C++/C#, Objective C etc) with strong base in object-oriented design and development.
· Experience with AWS services, Relational Databases, SQL
· Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
· Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
· Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications
· Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership
· Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability abilities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age