Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers architect their SAP workloads onto AWS? Do you like to work on a variety of global projects, leading customer and partner teams to achieve AWS and SAP best practices?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical SAP architect to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This architect will join a Global SWAT team focused on AWS’s most critical SAP customers. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
AWS is enabling use cases that have never been done before. AWS is looking for a candidate who is passionate about creating SAP solution architectures which drive meaningful customer value.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Architecting SAP solutions for simplicity, massive scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Working on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative AWS use cases.
- Setting-up and configuring SAP based on best practices.
- Automating SAP deployment, configuration and operations.
- Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
· 6+ years with SAP systems such as SAP Business Suite, SAP HANA, SAP Suite on HANA or equivalent.
· 6+ years of IT implementation or consulting experience
· 3+ years designing architecting and building SAP Systems
· Experience with SAP Basis / NetWeaver and HANA Administration
· Experience with SAP specific infrastructure sizing, compute, storage, networking, and security design
· Hands-on experience with SAP Installations, SAP OS/DB migrations, downtime optimization and data center migration
· Implementation experience as SAP technical architect
· Experience in Backup and recovery of SAP solutions (OS, Application, DB)
· Experience in designing, architecting and building Disaster Recovery solutions for SAP Applications
· Scripting experience with tools such as Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
· Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows administration
· Degree in Computer Science or Math
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Experience in building Enterprise Level, scalable and highly available SAP infrastructure
· Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of SAP applications, infrastructure and security.
· Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
· Experience working with the latest SAP products such as Fiori, S/4HANA, BW/4HANA, etc.
· Experience with setting up one High-Availability cluster (HP ServiceGuard, SIOS, RedHat, SUSE, Windows) setup from start to finish
· Familiarity with any monitoring and automated testing tools
· Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure
· Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Terraform, Jenkins and configuration tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt etc.
· Ability to interpret technical concepts into business outcomes, and communicate at the executive level
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.