*open to considering applicants in Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Are you passionate about solving business problems through data-driven decision making? We are seeking a Sales Operations Compensation Analyst to partner with Sales Operations Leadership to develop metrics and analysis to measure success of compensation programs, automate operational processes, and invent new ways of diving deep with data to uncover actionable business insights to help us serve our customers in their journey to the cloud. The successful candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen, deep analytic experience and a passion for driving operational excellence.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up their sleeves, work autonomously, and be a quick learner. You will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to day-to-day problems, be highly organized, and be able to communicate results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way. You will proactively seek answers in self-service tools, and know when to ask for guidance. You are passionate about your work, detail-oriented, analytical, and demonstrate problem-solving skills with the ability to escalate problems and roadblocks as needed.
You will manage multiple assignments and requests/processes concurrently, prioritizing accordingly, and deliver timely results. You will look for commonalities across our business needs, recommend improvements to accelerate current scaling mechanisms, and leverage automation to grow our capacity in line with the growth of the business. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving improvements to reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to streamline compensation activities and increase visibility and effectiveness of compensation programs.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization, such as Business and Technology Solutions, and Worldwide sales operations teams. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Create insightful analysis, reports, and dashboards to improve compensation administration
· Define and develop key sales compensation support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business
· Develop and execute compensation mechanisms used to manage the Americas business.
· Develop relationships and processes with sales, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address compensation issues.
· Be an expert in compensation analytics tools required to support Sales and Sales Operations.
· Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
· At least 3 years of experience in Sales compensation, Sales Operations, Business Insights & Analytics, Finance or related quantitative functions in a large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Expert knowledge in one or more functional areas such as Enterprise Planning, Sales Productivity and Readiness, Sales Enablement, Sales Operations
· Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel
· Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
· Demonstrated ability to implement sales compensation processes, procedures and policies
· Proven experience working with sales systems and tools such as Salesforce.com and extensive knowledge and experience with data analysis tools such as Quicksight, Salesforce, Tableau, and OneView.
· Track record of supporting a variety of stakeholders in different functions and geographies.
· Exhibits sound business judgment, solid analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, and insisting on high standards.
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent cross group collaboration skills
· Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and ability to operate in ambiguous environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.