If you are excited about leading a team to solve complex business problems, come and be part of the AWS Supply Chain team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our organization has direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day, and we need a Design Leader. This team is simplifying the lives of users by enabling them to consume the right information and make the right supply chain decisions for businesses without being overwhelmed with unnecessary data.
As Head of UX Design & Research for AWS- Supply Chain you will be growing and leading an entrepreneurial team to solve challenges, and shape the design language that defines applications and tools used by enterprise users around the world. The role requires a leader and innovator, who will champion user-centered solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas but also enable fungible information sharing across organizations while allowing focused information consumption for a specific user. You will work side-by-side with specialized product managers, scientists and engineers to bring designs to life and to continue to ideate, prioritize and problem solving for product delivery. You will also be responsible for conducting reviews with senior leadership as well leading and growing a team of designers.
To succeed in this role, you must be an innovator with a highly refined aesthetic and a proven ability to dive into the details while maintaining a strategic big-picture vision. You are obsessed about the customer experience, never settle for good enough and inspire your team to do the same. Strong communication skills, deep knowledge in software design and ability to drive systems thinking will help your opportunity to extend your influence across disciplines.
· Help develop a common design language across systems and applications that can be used seamlessly even across very different use cases. For example, a finance leader can present their screen to a vendor manager and both are able to understand the information presented given the common language.
· Influence and build a design practice for a new team focused on enterprise software development.
· Work with development partners to create solutions that meet a high customer experience bar and fit with the technology requirements.
· Deliver detailed design documentation and refined design standards to developers and partners.
· Balance design with enterprise software operational objectives, resulting in extraordinary customer experiences.
· Solicit and accept feedback, weigh inputs and priorities, and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve healthy debates.
· Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· 8+ years of industry experience as a hands on UX, Product or Interaction Designer
· 5+ years of management experience leading multi-discipline Design teams (ie. Visual Design, Interaction Design, User Research, etc.)
· Experience leading a diverse team in the delivery of experiences from end to end (user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity visuals)
· Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior leaders outside of design
· A portfolio of samples demonstrating user-centered design leadership that effectively met user and business needs with simplicity and elegance
· Master’s Degree in visual/graphic design, HCI, interaction design, or related field preferred. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.
· Experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of your designs
· Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
· Ability to organize, plan, and stay ahead of the work
· Passion for learning and innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
· Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience
· Fluency in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Experience in user research, particularly in qualitative methodologies
· Prior experience working in design for enterprise software systems
· Expertise in typographic principles, motion design, and illustration
· Experience in building interactive prototypes in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Invision, Flinto