Advertising Finance is seeking a Finance Manager to support Advertising Financial Planning and Analysis for our rapidly growing Amazon Advertising business. This role will lead planning and reporting processes across a big Finance team, run business metrics and goals reviews with senior executives present, and drive reporting innovation and automation to improve the speed of decision making. This role requires strong analytical acumen, a passion for process improvement, a keen attention to detail, and an excellent track record of influencing business and finance partners. This role will be a trusted finance advisor working closely with various stakeholders including Accounting, Finance, Tax, FinTech and Corporate Financial system teams to solve complex problems. This role has regular interaction with SVP/VP level leaders and therefore requires strong verbal and written communication skills. This individual will also be a proven leader and people manager who can raise the bar on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent.
Primary responsibilities include:
. Manage and lead the financial planning and analysis processes, including the short and long range planning
. Lead Financials, Business Metrics and Goals Reviews with senior leaders present
. Gather, review, and communicate fact-based insights into variances and trends
. Provide ad-hoc financial analyses and anecdote deep-dives that assist decision making by senior leadership
. Lead cross-functional projects partnering with Accounting, FinTech, Tax and Business Intelligence
. Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable systems to support business growth
. Influence others, insist on the highest standards, and challenge the status quo
· At least 7 years of experience in finance
· Experience writing SQL queries, knowledge of reporting tools such as Megaminx, Tableau, and AWS Quicksight
· MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and work with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· Strong ability to work and partner with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data.
· Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Prior FP&A experience desired but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.