Want to join a team that protects and improves the buyer experience of millions Amazon customers and builds earth's most customer-centric sellers on a daily basis - using cutting edge technology including machine learning, data mining and big data analytics, cloud computing services and highly available/scalable distributed systems that support hundreds of millions of transactions across the globe?
We have an exciting opportunity with the Voice of the Customer (VOC) team, part of the Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) organization, to architect and build next generation engineering systems to quickly and accurately identify and mitigate product compliance issues, safety defects and potential risks to the customer experience. The PARS Voice of the Customer team’s charter is to foster the earth’s safest, most customer-centric Suppliers. We accomplish this by connecting Suppliers with the voice of their customers and by earning Supplier trust through transparency. We aggregate customer feedback signals, provide insights to Suppliers regarding emerging defect trends, and provide a framework to connect Suppliers to next steps for remediating issues.
As a Software Development Manager in the Voice of the Customer (VOC) tech team, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to make a big impact on Amazon and its customers. You enjoy building massive scale and high performance systems but also have a bias for delivering simple and incremental solutions to complex problems. You're a thought leader and you demonstrate this by thinking big and building a strong and long term technical vision. You develop strong working relationships and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
As a part of this role, you will:
- Develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
- Build and manage a team of Software development engineers.
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software development; assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Interface with customers and product partners to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all tech operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
Do you want to be part of our innovative team?
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science or engineering
· 10+ years of software industry experience working in software development
· 5+ years of managing software teams, including all aspects of people development and team building.
· Experience owning the full product lifecycle from product definition and roadmap through delivery.
· Experience recruiting, forming team of software engineers and developing careers with highly-skilled software engineers
· Practical experience with software engineering best practices and Agile software development methodologies
· Proven track record building high-performing software development teams
· Experience managing service-oriented software systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.