The AWS Central Economics team is looking for a PhD economist. The ideal candidate will have experience with time-series forecasting.
You will learn about cloud products, including compute, storage, and databases. You will work on analytic projects requested by senior leadership. You will get the opportunity to learn new techniques. You will be a part of a team with many experienced economists.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· PhD in Economics or a related field
· Proven experience in building statistical models using R, Python, STATA, or a related software
· Experience working with big datasets
· Ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary science and engineering team
· Ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to senior business leaders and product managers
· Proficiency in one or more production languages (Python, Scala, Java, C++)
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data
· Experience working in a fast-paced business environment