The Consumables Private Brands team is seeking a talented, driven, and highly analytical Senior Leader of Inventory Management and Operations with proven experience driving process improvement and thought leadership. The Senior Manager will hire and develop a team of experts who will build best in class supply chain practices, including identifying, creating, developing and integrating innovative solutions and programs for launch and future scalability. This role is pivotal to the evolution and success of one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
If you’re inspired by a new challenge, the thought of contributing to a business in a significant way, this is the position for you. This position is responsible for managing both manufacturer and Amazon inventory health, supply chain efficiency and free cash flow initiatives for multiple brands and Amazon retail channels. Additionally, this position creates and implements inventory management strategies to maximize customer experience, sales, margin and turns, as well as end-to-end business ownership of all supply chain processes from manufacturer to consumer. Strong understanding of data and demonstrated success in driving processes are required. The successful candidate must possess the ability to operate from a company-wide perspective and have a successful track record of driving cross-functional engagement and cross-business project development.
In this role, you will drive efficient use of Amazon’s capital through effective inventory management, operational and supply-chain excellence. You will accomplish this by applying data driven decisions, leading continuous process improvements, driving system and process automation with key internal teams, and maintaining a deep knowledge of the product line and its customers. You will be a thought leader by influencing others to take action through scalable systems and processes, rather than just addressing issues. You own identifying and driving these improvements across multiple business segments and Amazon retail channels. You are also responsible for improvements to inventory management processes over time, including identifying defects, reducing waste, and improving overall efficiency. You will drive automation through optimization of forecasting and procurement systems. The ideal candidate will excel in scalable process improvement, people management, analytics, written/verbal communication and influencing others. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results by partnering with and influencing others. The individual will operate at all levels, strategic & tactical and integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 10+ years of relevant experience in inventory planning, operations/supply chain management and/or finance
· Experience directly managing people and their performance
· Proficient in Excel
· Must have proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects
· Experience creating and setting annual operating plan and presenting to Senior Management
· Ability to influence others
· Strong numerical and analytical aptitude
· Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated creativity and judgment to develop solutions
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
· Detail oriented
· MBA preferred