Play a leading role in operational risk improvement at Amazon.com, where we have a tradition of leading the world in innovative technologies and services. Amazon is seeking an experienced Auto and Logistics Risk Manager who will manage complex claims for Amazon’s expanding worldwide delivery fleet and have responsibility for the day-to-day management of three to five auto claims managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Within the Risk Management Team, you will support and report to a Risk Manager focusing on claims management, third party administrator programs and operational risk improvements across all logistics programs. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist in the daily coaching and mentoring of a team of three to five full time auto claims handlers.
· Collect, evaluate, and deliver underwriting information necessary for auto insurance renewals, including Amazon’s captive insurance program and third party insurance programs.
· Oversee automobile/fleet claims data for loss submissions and address insurers’ on-going questions and issues through claims resolution as needed.
· Claims management of complex high value litigated claims.
· Ensure that the Third Party Administrator (TPA) manages the claims diligently, partners with Risk Management and Legal (internal and external) and employs best practices to control program costs.
· Work with global business units to implement strategies to limit complex high value claims.
· Lead logistic claims management, develop claims process, and provide training as needed.
· Report out on business metrics to internal business teams.
· Manage and advise on worldwide corporate auto exposures, delivery service provider projects, and other logistic operations.
· Effectively communicate recommended risk mitigation strategies to cross-functional and internal leadership teams.
· Partner and direct external vendors and partners on innovative claims handling and initiatives that support simplicity while enhancing the customer experience.
· Utilize and/or establish analytics, metrics, and benchmarking through multiple sources to evaluate loss trends and cost of risk to prioritize resources (e.g., Risk Management Information System and broker data).
· Provide guidance and support for loss prevention matters to ensure an open, proactive, and effective risk management culture.
· Assist in developing business proposals and case studies for presentation to senior leaders.
· BA/BS degree.
· At least seven to ten years’ experience in transportation, fleets, or large auto claim programs.
· Strong understanding of commercial auto insurance policies.
· Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· ARM, CPCU, or similar designation.
· International auto claims management.
· Demonstrated knowledge of claims management related laws and legal terminology.
· Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in written format with auto team employees, legal, and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others’ perspectives.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively both cross-functionally and vertically within an organization.
· Ability to establish credibility and work with key internal partners to ensure project completion.
· Experience in working with cross-functional teams to develop effective loss prevention/risk transfer solutions.
· Working knowledge of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS).
· Available for domestic and international travel as needed.
· Well organized, detail oriented, and able to adjust to changing priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to work well independently, as well as provide cross-functional support
· Seattle, WA area residency preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.