Excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology? Want to help the largest global enterprises understand the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing (QC)? Eager to get first-hand access to cutting-edge quantum hardware to explore and solve customer problems? Thrilled to be key part of Amazon, who has been investing in disruptive innovation for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s technology?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises on their QC journey on the AWS Cloud. We are using the state-of-the-art QC algorithms on cutting-edge quantum hardware against a wide spectrum of industry problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers to explore the potentials of quantum computation and become 'quantum ready'. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the enablement of our customers. If you have academic and/or industry experience with QC, we’d like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers.
The Practice Manager will build a working relationship with their sales, solutions architects and professional service counterparts. The Practice aManager will also have a team of 8-12 direct quantum research scientists to develop a long term quantum computing strategy and execution plan. This individual is a trusted adviser for our enterprise customers and requires the skills to excel at all aspects of business development, people management, relationship development, delivery of QC soltuions and program manageing in their accounts, following a player/coach model. Major responsibilities include:
· Hiring, developing and retaining top talent.
· Engage with commerical enterprise customers to understand their business derivers and application portfolio.
· Development of long term QC strategy for our customers.
· Identificaton and development of specific AI oppurtunies and supprting buseinss cases.
· Mitigation of delivery risks and issues.
· Oversee the delivery of QC projects, ensuring high quality delivery.
· Act as a signle person of contact for Customer executives, developing deep and trustful relationships.
· Educate, envision and inspire customers on potential of ML to help their business.
· Understand the customer’s business need in different industries and guide them to a solution using our AWS QC Services.
· Develop QC approaches to industry problems in optimization, quantum simulation and quantum machine learning and execute customer projects and cases studies end-to-end.
· Research, develop, and implement novel QC approaches, including variational algorithms.
· Develop a deep understanding of emerging quantum hardware platforms and innovate in co-designing novel quantum algorithms for circuit-based, continuous-variable, and adiabatic QC.
· Collaborate with Service and research teams to continually improve the customer experience
· Create white papers, write blogs, and build demos and other reusable collateral that help customers understand and adopt QC.
· As this is a customer facing role, you will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
If you do not live in a market where we have an open position, please feel free to apply. Our Quantum Consultants can live in any location where we have a Professional Service office.
· PhD in a quantum computation related field (Quantum Physics, Quantum Chemistry, Computer Science)
· Experience using Python or similar programming language
· Experience using quantum libraries, such as Qiskit, Cirq, Forest, etc.
· Expert knowledge in quantum computation and variational quantum algorithms, such as, QAOA and VQE
· 4+ years of experience in conducting research oriented projects
· Publications or presentation track record in recognized academic journals/conferences in a relevant field
· Experience giving quantitative presentations in front of large audiences
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required to deliver professional services, as needed
· PhD in a quantum computation
· Academic or industry experience in quantum chemistry, optimization, or machine learning
· 2+ years of consulting experience and track record of helping customers quantum computation
· 2+ years of working on commercial quantum computation at hardware, software, or consulting companies
· Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
· Experience with AWS technologies like EC2, S3, CodeCommit, & Cloudwatch
· Familiarity with using data visualization tools
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers' organizations
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment