Amazon People Technology seeks a Sr. SDE who excels in turning big ideas into practical solutions. In People Technology, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks, more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for hundreds of thousands of fellow Amazonian.
We are seeking engineers that like solving hard problems. If you have already designed products that scale to meet demand, combine the best of internal and external services, and grow to meet the complex needs of your customers, you will fit right in. We are technical experts, but we go further. We know technology always exists in a larger context, so we create technical solutions from our customer's perspective to guarantee our solutions always deliver the intended result. If you want unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities, Amazon People Technology is the place for you.
Choose to join us and you will own the design of major features from end-to-end, from Web UI and mobile app to back-end services and persistent storage. Can you work with engineers from many backgrounds to translate designs into quality software that is highly scalable, available, low latency, and high performing... and reflects the best combination of the ideas in the room? If you can, your design will get into production... so get ready to interact directly with the people who use your software, hear their feedback and use it to make your system even better!
The PeopleTech A To Z team team is reinventing how Amazonian manage their work life. Are you ready to take on the biggest opportunity you ever had fun solving?
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· 10+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or Perl etc.
· Experience in framework and development
· Experience building scalable front-end/back-end infrastructure software or distributed systems.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Able to solve software problem or workflow and decompose a problem into clear software APIs and UX actions.
· Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on software libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
The role is ideally in Seattle but qualified remote candidates will be considered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.