· Do you want to be part of an engineering team that is building from the ground up at Amazon? Do you have a passion for bringing the best experience to our customers? A successful Software Development Manager should be highly autonomous with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements, and effectively prioritize program deliverables. If you can communicate clearly and love to lead engineering teams to build large-scale innovative software products – then come join us in making history!
As part of this role you will:
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers and lead the team from concept through delivery and subsequent operation.
- Solve challenging problems at significant scale
- Work on innovative systems that are in their beginning stages
- Work closely with product management and other business partners to define strategy and requirements
- Have regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy
- Be a thorough leader, where you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by leading teams to build the solution.
· A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
· 7+ years of software development experience
· 3+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading strong engineering teams
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development, more so using AWS services
· Experience with C++, Java, and/or Java Script
· Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline
· 5+ years of software development experience as a manager
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Experience with Scrum methodology for agile software development preferred
· Experience designing software architecture for scalability, reliability and performance
· A passion for people management and mentoring
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation