At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. We pioneer. We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
The HR Solutions team is seeking a Technical Product Manager to drive the roadmap for the Worldwide Operations Voice of the Associate (VOA) enterprise tool. VOA is all about collecting and analyzing the sentiment of our largest employee base across the globe. As Amazon's workforce grows, both in size and geography, this feedback becomes increasingly important. You will need to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive system architecture, and spearhead the best practices to deliver high quality product enhancements.
The position is a unique blend of technology and business. The ideal candidate will bring an ability to implement a broad program vision complemented by strong engineering and program management skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Ensuring that you and the team remain customer obsessed
· Work backwards from the customer to build, scale, and execute product enhancements and implementation across Worldwide Operations
· Works closely with engineering teams to define technical requirements and builds consensus with developers on technical approach. Can assess when design/implementation choices pose a risk to our ability to innovate/deliver future value
· Manage the product release, defects, and send detailed status reports
· Assist with data pulls to help prioritize enhancement requests and to support future business review documents and dashboards.
· Use data from testing, deployment, and production to measure quality and provide actionable improvement to the product
· Manage SIM tickets for deployments and defects (approximately 30% of time)
· Attend HR Solutions sprint planning meetings as the VOA owner, with the opportunity to lead these meetings and organize development for other products owned by HR Sol
· Willingness to work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs; we work fast and hard
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 2+ years of technical program or product management experience
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and collaboration skills with technical and non-technical cross-organizational stakeholders
· Experience developing and delivering on project milestones using Agile/Scrum
· Ability to fully engage with technical teams, operations teams, and business stakeholders
· Ability to effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance stakeholder's needs
· JIRA/SIM experience
· Quantitative analytical abilities
· Fluency in technical program management and engineering best practices
· Proven problem solving skills
· Experience managing projects on a global scale
· 2+ years HR experience