The Amazon Operations PR team is seeking a self-motivated and creative individual for the role of Sr. PR Manager, Delivery to be based in San Francisco.
Key responsibilities include devising and implementing strategies which enhance the reputation of Amazon’s transportation efforts, developing and managing PR campaigns to drive awareness for new delivery services, and overseeing proactive and reactive media relations.
We’re looking for someone with expertise in translating nuanced, complex concepts into broadly digestible content, and a track record of exercising high-judgment while acting quickly. You will have extensive experience in dealing with national, regional and local news desks on a variety of reactive and proactive topics.
Finally, to be successful in this role you will need excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, and a talent for collaboration. You should have experience working with high standards under tight deadlines. Creativity and flexibility are a must.
Core Job responsibilities:
· Support development and execution of events and media engagements
· Integrate with Amazon marketing, policy and global communications teams
· Build and maintain relationships with key media
· Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
· Develop and manage approvals for news releases, promotional videos, graphics, fact sheets and related media materials
· Help coordinate inbound press inquiries and monitor and track coverage
· Work quickly and precisely under tight deadlines, and prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
· 12+ years of communications experience, preferably with national brands
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
· Ability to communicate complex topics effectively
· Experience executing product launches, press tours, speaking engagements and press events
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Track record of developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
· A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels