Are you excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology? Do you want to help startups and enterprises understand the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing (QC)?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. One of our missions at AWS is to give customers access to the most innovative technology available and help them continuously reinvent their businesses.
Quantum Computing is a technology that holds promise to be transformational in many industries. To help our customers on this journey we are looking for a Principal Solutions Architect professional to develop AWS’ in collaboration with service and business stakeholders, and grow the AWS quantum computing ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and scientific background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the potential and challenges of Quantum Computing, different hardware platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to scientists, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. This requires deep familiarity with classical state-of-the-art approaches to quantum computing, as well as target use cases using HPC and ML in the cloud.
As the ideal candidate, you will be responsible for helping customers understand the value proposition of Quantum Computing on AWS, creating the most compelling content and demos to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. You will also be a Quantum Computing trusted advisor to customers and internal teams; helping develop the Quantum Computing knowledge and skills of Solutions Architects, as well as the technical field community. Additionally, you will work with the Amazon Braket (AWS’ fully-managed, end-to-end quantum computing service) engineering and product management teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features. You will get to work on a leading technology field and growing business; and have a material impact, every day. You will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to technical experts, researchers, software developers, IT pros, and system architects. This requires a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, research, and technical challenges.
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of science and technological transformations, as a key leader.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Architect advanced solutions leveraging AWS Quantum Computing services, working closely with our customers to deeply understand their business needs and to design technical solutions that take advantage of the AWS Cloud platform and Quantum Computing services.
· Demonstrate the viability of each solution through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts and/or prototypes.
· Build “Machine Learning & Quantum Computing, better together” best practices, and develop a strong partner go-to-market strategy.
· Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, advanced demos, white papers, presentations, how to guides etc.)
· Evangelize AWS Quantum Computing services and technologies through forums such as AWS Blogs, white papers, reference architectures and public-speaking events such as AWS summit, and user-group events.
· Collaborate with AWS field sales, professional services, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and effectively use AWS Quantum Computing services.
· Serve as a key member of the business development and account management teams helping to ensure customer and partner success on the AWS Quantum Computing platform.
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support; providing updates on customer progress and ensuring execution by partners.
· Gaining recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker for multiple internal and external events.
· Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, roadmap reviews, sample solutions and discussions to drive adoption of AWS’ Quantum Computing platform, and developer tools.
· Identifying leads for potential engagement needing pre-sales support
· Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning and developer program initiatives
· Assessing training requirements and coordinating with various training teams on scheduling and delivery of training to both internal and external audiences.
· 10+ years experience either in product management, business development, sales engineering, consulting; preferably on cloud or hosted services.
· Strong knowledge and industry experience with HPC, GPUs, deep learning, server-less architectures, distributed systems, and service oriented architecture.
· 2+ years of working in a Quantum Computing related industry role
· Solid business and financial acumen;
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business;
· Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT;
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
· MSc or PhD in a quantum computation related field (Quantum Physics, Quantum Chemistry, Computer Science) and proven academic track record
· 2+ year(s) of experience in high-performance computing; preferably cloud or hosted services
· 2+ year(s) of experience in ML; preferably cloud or hosted services
· Experience with sales engineering to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations;
· Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
· Relevant business experience.