Amazon’s Owned Content and Channels team is looking for a website editor and producer who will help develop and lead an original content strategy for journalism-style storytelling about how Amazon is supporting its employees, customers, and communities around the world.
The team member will be the content manager for Amazon’s storytelling and information-based websites (About Amazon and Day One blogs) and will own all aspects of website management from developing an editorial calendar that maps to company priorities, to posting content, to running quality assurance checks on global websites.
We’re looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, data-driven and customer-centric digital content professional. If you’re a seasoned digital content producer, who is passionate about great storytelling, effective in developing stakeholder support, and is technically proficient in CMS, HTML, web technologies, and web analytics, we have an amazing opportunity for you. This is a Seattle-based role.
· Communicate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders across Amazon to identify key storytelling moments and create original content to communicate about those moments.
· Manage the editorial calendar process, partnering with content stakeholders from across Amazon to ensure the website content is current, fresh, and aligned with business objectives.
· Manage content producers, including writers, photographers, videographers, and graphic designers.
· Partner with the site’s Marketing Manager to ensure strong amplification of key content across social channels.
· Provide content insights and recommendations to the website team and key stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 7+ years of experience in developing journalism-style content, remaining hands on with a CMS, and enacting marketing strategies
· 5+ years of experience developing and managing content for large-scale websites, including feature definition, editorial, and social amplification
· Experience with core web technologies
· Experience with content publishing systems
· Experience with SEO, blog best practices, and email marketing campaigns
· Technical expertise with content publishing systems
· Demonstrated ability to operate successfully across multiple groups and business owners
· Experience supporting event coverage or breaking news announcements
· The ability to thrive within an environment where change is constant
· A proven track record in delivering measurable outcomes
· Bilingual or multilingual
· Experience working with intercontinental teams