We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Program Management to own central launch planning for a strategic, physical retail initiative.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The role requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and operational focus. High judgment, ability to influence, exceptional organization and communication skills, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You and your team of Launch Program Managers will partner with multiple teams and stakeholders, including real estate, construction, store operations, networking/tech ops, supply chain, category, merchandising, legal, PR, and marketing. You love diving deep and using data to identify opportunities and guide improvements. Your overriding focus will be on launching experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
· Bachelor’s degree required, or work experience in program management for 10+ years
· 5+ years of people management experience
· Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
· Ability to effectively manage cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business need versus other constraints and maximize business benefit while building great customer experience
· Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
· Experience gathering and analyzing large amounts of data and delivering continuous business improvements
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· MBA or equivalent degree
· PMP certified
· Experience in a physical retail environment
· Experience launching physical retail stores
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.