At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources team as a Human Resources Business Partner within AWS’s Worldwide Commercial Organization, specifically focused on our Startup segment.
The HR Business Partner will be the primary go-to for several growing teams within the Startup organization. This role partners with an incredibly dynamic team and requires strong leadership and team collaboration. We are looking for an ambitious, intellectually curious, and results-oriented professional who has the ability to diagnose issues, see patterns of problems as they dive deep, and demonstrate ownership in driving immediate and long-term solutions. They must be able to collaborate across groups, influence at all levels of the organization, and roll up their sleeves and engage on a hands-on basis with individuals/groups of staff. They will need business acumen, executive coaching skills, strong communications skills, and planning/project management skills. This individual must be able to balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions, and facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
Travel as needed, 40% approx.
· 5 plus years of experience in Human Resources and HR Consulting
· Bachelors Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field
· Knowledge of U.S. employment laws, such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws regulating discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
· Masters Degree in Human Resources Management or related field,
· Experience working with a global team
· Experience working in a matrix setting
· Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans.
· Experience assessing management and executive talent.
· Broad experience and specific knowledge of organizational behavior and human resource theory, including employee relations, development, and performance appraisal systems.
· 2 plus years HR experience in a high-tech environment.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Strong communication and relationship management skills
· Effective coaching skills
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.