Do you love producing beautiful things that will be seen all over the globe? The AWS Global Events team is looking for a Senior Production Designer to join our high-energy creative team in making our growing roster of events (over 100) the most exciting on the planet.
WHO WE ARE
Today, AWS is home to technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS Marketing is focused on marketing services across the full platform of AWS, for a diverse audience of developers, IT professionals, technical decision makers, business owners, and executives across industries. The Global Events Team creates immersive and inspiring experiences for these customers by hosting re:Invent, re:Inforce, Global Summits, Global Field events, and more. Our creative team supports these events with best in class experiences and assets for every stage of the event journey from demand generation, registration, signage, scenic, and swag – as well as fun things like as a world record holding wing eating contest.
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a deadline driven atmosphere. They will be a will be able to work successfully with a variety of internal, external, and global stakeholders. This role requires someone who can identify opportunities to improve tools, systems and processes and partner with the right teams to drive success.
· Create, edit, correct, and manipulate digital and print assets for a variety of instances from large scale prints to digital demand generation graphics.
· Sets and tracks the design standards for a range of categories (print and digital graphics, signage, mobile app, video, etc.). Takes ownership and insists on the highest creative standards across all branded touch points.
· Ensure that project outputs meet requirements for delivery across multiple channels (e.g. print, digital, video, and email).
· Ensure brand consistency across multiple assets, work with multiple identities concurrently.
· Ensure project objectives are successfully met through effective collaboration with leadership, internal, cross-divisional, and external partners as projects require.
· Assist with generation and preparation of regular reports on progress and status for team and sponsors – report impact regularly to internal stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree in discipline related field
· 7+ yrs. of experience in design and production
· Portfolio of design and production work
· Highly proficient in industry standard design software (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat; Microsoft Office and PowerPoint)
· Agency or in-house corporate creative production experience preferred
· A strong interest in the technical side of design
· Ability to produce independently in a team environment
· Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn existing and new workflows
· Organizational skills, adaptability and composure
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build and maintain strong and effective customer and internal relationships
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to listen for understanding to execute work that meets business objectives
· Strong project management, organizational, and time-management skills
· Performs under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed.
· Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks
· Produces technically correct, print- or digital-ready materials
· Follows projects throughout all stages of print production and/or online deployment
· Interacts regularly with Senior Creative Lead, Senior Art Director and other team members as needed for completion of assigned projects
· Manages the execution of the work, ensuring that creative projects are completed on time Communicates effectively with peers, senior management and clients across all topics from business to creative
· Experience working within a high-growth, technology company or tech consulting company would be highly beneficial
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, dynamic, fast-paced organization and to turn ideas into concrete action plans.
· Deep experience in prioritization of deliverables and tasks.
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented with strong problem solving skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.