Terms of employment: Permanent, full time.
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate UX designer to join our growing team. The designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the design direction for AWS Step Functions and Amazon EventBridge, part of the AWS serverless portfolio. Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, the designer will work collaboratively with other designers, engineers, product managers and executives.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. The AWS serverless portfolio simplifies a complex domain by allowing developers to innovate without worrying about managing servers or infrastructure. These services are used by customers to explore other planets, run mission- and life-critical applications, train machine learning models, and solve their trickiest problems. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
· Understand customers and their needs through customer research, analytics and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
· Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations. Mentor and assist junior designers and interns.
· Last but not least, have fun in the process!
Salary range: $67,900 to $113,500/yr commensurable with experience.
· Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
· At least 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
· 3 years experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and/or stakeholders.
· 3 years experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· 3 years experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
Language required for job: English
All applicants must meet all Basic Qualifications above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock