Ever wondered how millions of sellers build their business using Amazons marketplace and fulfillment capabilities? Our group is at the center of the action, building systems that enable sellers to fulfill orders leveraging Amazon’s vast network of warehouses.
You'll be leading development teams that are building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to enable merchants to deliver orders to their customers with incredible speed. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building the next generation of a fulfillment solution for 3rd party merchants and brand owners.
The Senior Software Development Manager, you will be a strong leader who is known for hiring, developing and retaining the best talent. This executive will have a reputation as a team builder and someone who is very good at acquiring and developing great talent. They will possess the ability to motivate, build rapport and communicate effectively with all employees. This leader will have left strong successors in their previous roles and be focused on building a strong, sustainable organization at Amazon. To be successful in this role you will need to be an innovator, communicator, influencer and problem solver. The right individual will also have solid technical judgment, effectively communicate goals, and drive a fast-paced organization to deliver results with a focused and pragmatic approach to the business.
· Drive the development of systems that enable sellers to leverage Amazons fulfillment capabilities.
· Troubleshoot systems issues while maintaining high performance and availability standards.
· Establish mechanisms to ensure operational excellence for all systems, technical operations, and development practices.
· Hiring and developing the best talent, and creating an environment which motivates people to thrive in their expertise and deliver aggressive results.
· Lead a team of serious development managers.
· Define and constantly monitor metrics to improve performance and reduce cost.
· Prepare executive level communications to share tactical plans, estimates, justify investment, and highlight product performance.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or relevant experience
· 10+ years of experience in software engineering leadership roles in a fast-paced customer-obsessed technical product environment.
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 10+ years people management experience
· 8+ years experience running, maintaining, and operating 24x7 production environments
· Direct experience in software engineering and maintenance of large distributed systems
· Strong business and technical vision
· Experience with operations systems and requirements
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, prioritize, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A track record of accountability for delivering large, complex systems built on Unix/Linux platform
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.