Amazon Business (AB) is re-inventing B2B ecommerce by offering business customers of all sizes the same advantages Amazon has already brought to consumers including broad selection, low pricing, and great customer service. In Amazon’s Q3 2018 Earnings announcement Jeff Bezos called out, “AB has now reached a $10B annual sales run rate and is serving millions of private and public-sector organizations in eight countries and we’re not slowing down.” We’re off to a big start. After launching in 2015 in the United States, Amazon Business is now live in eight countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan and India. We are continuing to expand and we are looking for strong leaders to help us get there. As the business is growing rapidly in Europe, we are building a dedicated team to drive Delivery Experience and Operations Excellence for Amazon Business Customers. The team serves as bridge between our global product roadmap and the rest of the Amazon Operational groups in Europe to develop and deployed unique B2B solutions into Amazon Fulfillment Network. This team drives future country expansion thinking, as well as ongoing product planning for global feature rollout, as well as definition of country-specific requirements.
To join this new team, we are looking for a motivated Delivery Performance Analyst to drive B2B Experience across Amazon Complex Supply Chain and Fulfilment network.
Specifically, this Business Analyst will:
· Identify the biggest opportunities to optimize B2B Delivery Experience (Delivery Success, Speed, Consolidation & cost).
· Lead complex analysis; develop models and reports to drive key strategic decisions.
· Identify opportunities to deliver step-changes in supply chain performance through configuration, parameter adjustment, data backfill
· Engage with all other Operational, Business and Tech groups (Supply Chain, Delivery Performance, Transportation, and Fulfilment Centres) to implement strategic initiatives.
· Validate and/or Tailor Made Global initiatives for Europe
· Reports into Leadership Business Review current delivery experience and Improvement Road-map Status
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong analysis skills combined with exceptional inter-personal, cross-functional and influential skills. This is a very ambiguous role requiring a real pioneer set of mind. For this, you must build effective working relationships with peers on the EU and International Amazon Business teams, local country leaders. This highly visible role requires collaborating with Global Product Management Teams in the US, European Business Leadership and all Operational Groups in Amazon. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives. Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to prioritize well are essential skills.
· At least 5 years of professional experience in business/Quantitative analytics
· Degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative areas such as computer science or physics.
· Deep knowledge of SQ and data-driven decision-making skills.
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including strong working knowledge of Excel and VBA
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.
· Team player with proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in various locations
· A track record of problem solving and creativity in finding/designing new solutions and innovative methods, using software systems and the desire to create and build new processes.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Fluency in English
· Master’s level degree or higher
· Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, or Ruby) and UNIX.
· Experience with analyzing big data sets (100M+ rows)
· Experience working effectively with software engineering teams. Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of software systems.
· Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.