At Amazon we strive to be the most innovative and customer centric company on the planet. Come work with us while we are developing our Transportation Technology to deliver the best solutions for our vendors, warehouses and carriers. Help us solve complex problems impacting billions of dollars per year while partnering with world class scientists.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services.
You’ll design, model, develop and implement state of the art systems and solutions used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives.
· Partnership with the engineering and operations to drive modeling and design for complex business problems.
· Design and prototype decision support tools (product) to automate standardized processes and optimize trade-offs across the full decision space.
· Contribute to the mid- and long-term strategic planning studies and analysis.
· Lead complex transportation modeling analyses to aid management in making key business decisions and set new policies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
This critical role requires an aptitude for taking quick initiative, thinking big, and delivering results to drive innovation in transportation modeling and optimization across Amazon’s expanding global network. You will also have the opportunity to work with some of the leading scientists in the areas of meta-heuristics, routing optimization and machine learning.
· Ph.D. in Operations Research, Transportation Management, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
· Detailed knowledge of optimization methods to solve linear and integer programming models.
· Experience designing simulation and optimization solution for large scale applications
· Experience in writing scripts (Perl, Ruby) to manipulate data and developing software applications in programming languages such as C++, Java, and Python.
· The ability to implement models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages (e.g. AMPL, Mosel, R, Matlab, Julia) is a plus.
· Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
· Strong problem-solving ability and the ability to work in ambiguous and constantly evolving environment.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
· Knowledge and experience with pricing or price optimization techniques
· Familiarity with stochastic optimization models
· Experience designing/implementing machine learning algorithms tailored to particular business needs and tested on large datasets.
· Experience in data mining and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact.