Amazon Sponsored Ads is one of the fastest growing business domains and we are looking for talented scientists to join this team to contribute to this growth. We are still in Day 1 and there is an abundance of opportunities that are yet to be explored. We are a team of highly motivated and collaborative team of machine learning scientists, with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. We have a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, and we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities. The Sponsored Product Targeting Optimization and Recommendations team builds solutions that are directly used by thousands of Sponsored Product advertisers, enabling them to effectively define the intent of their advertising campaigns and optimizing this intent on their behalf to maximize performance. We achieve this a) building recommendation systems that provide suggestions for keywords, product attributes, bids and budgets and b) building ML and online optimization systems that optimize these controls on the advertiser’s behalf billions of times a day. We are seeking a Data Scientist to join the team to help define and build our next generation recommendation and optimization solutions for Sponsored Product advertisers. As a Data Scientist in the team you will be responsible for defining measures of success for recommendation and optimization algorithms, producing insights into the quality of these algorithms, evaluating new optimization algorithms, and designing and evaluating large scale A/B tests.
In this role you will:
• Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with very large data sets to develop insights into different aspects of our business (shopper experience, advertiser experience, marketplace dynamics)
• Define and build tools and processes to monitor these metrics (weekly business reviews, dashboards, automated alarming)
• Use data to identify opportunities to improve our systems.
• Work with scientists and engineers to model complex interactions in our systems
• Be a member of the Amazon-wide Machine Learning Community, participating in internal and external Meetups, Hackathons and Conferences
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Experience in creating data driven visualizations to describe an end-to-end system
· Highly skilled in data and math/statistical methods (i.e. modeling, algorithms)
· Evidence of using of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc. in data analysis projects
· Ph.D. in Computer Science or relevant field
· MS with 2+ years of industry experience or Bachelors with 5+ years of experience in Quantitative field (CS, ML, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics)
· 3+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or big data platforms (e.g. Spark)
· Experience with online advertising or related domain
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/ontario.
#sspajobs #spmpjobs #sptargjobs