Amazon’s Automated Inventory Management (AIM) team is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, stimulating environment to help invent the future of business ownership with Technology, and to translate big data into actionable insights.
The AIM team is part of the Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) Team within the Operations Organization. The charter of the SCOT team is to maximize Amazon’s return on our inventory investment in terms of Free Cash Flow and customer satisfaction. We accomplish this through determining of how much inventory Amazon needs of each SKU and what to do if we have too much. This puts the Inventory Planning group at the nexus of operations, logistics, capacity planning, and our retail business teams.
As a Data Scientist on the AIM team, you will design quantitative systems, forecasting models and solve real world problems using statistical methods. You will also work with a team of Product Managers, Business Intelligence Engineers and Software Engineers to research and build accurate predictive models, develop cutting edge data pipelines, and deploy automated software solutions to provide insights to business leaders at the most senior levels throughout the company. You will design and conduct analyses that make our data more actionable to manage our business at scale.
· Implement statistical methods to solve specific business problems
· Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters
· Directly contribute to the design and development of automated prediction systems
· Build customer-facing reporting tools to provide insights and metrics which track supply chain defects and explain variance to the optimal state
· Collaborate with researchers, software developers, and business leaders to define product requirements, provide analytical support, and communicate feedback
To help describe some of our challenges, we created a short video about Supply Chain Optimization at Amazon - http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Bachelor or Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Economics or a related quantitative field
· 5+ years' of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
· Experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques to arrive at a solution using available data
Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
· Depth and breadth in quantitative knowledge. Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools.
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
· Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
· Experience working with data related to causal analysis (e.g. estimating causal lift) or experiments