Does the thought of improving one of the world’s most complex logistic systems inspire you? Is your passion to sift through hundreds of systems, processes, and data sources to solve the puzzle and identify the next big opportunity? Are you a creative big thinker who is passionate about using data to direct decision making and solve complex and large-scale challenges? Are you fascinated by the interactions between operations and strategy? Do you feel like your skills uniquely qualify you to bridge communication between teams with competing priorities? If so, then this position is for you!
Come help Amazon create cutting-edge science-driven technologies for delivering packages to the doorstep of our customers! The Last Mile Routing & Planning organization builds the software, algorithms and tools that make the “magic” of home delivery happen: our flow, sort, dispatch and routing intelligence systems are responsible for the billions of daily decisions needed to plan and execute safe, efficient and frustration-free routes for drivers around the world. Our team supports deliveries (and pickups!) for Amazon Logistics, Prime Now, Amazon Flex, Amazon Fresh, Lockers, and other new initiatives.
In this role, your main focus will be to perform analysis, build metrics, synthesize information, identify business opportunities, provide project direction, and communicate business and technical requirements within the team and across stakeholder groups. You are indispensable and own the quantification of business opportunities and identification of project direction prioritizing projects based on greatest return on investment. You consider the needs of day-to-day operations and insist on the standards required to build the network of tomorrow. Your job will straddle day-to-day decisions and strategic vision, you will assist in defining trade-offs and quantifying opportunities for a variety of projects. You will learn current processes, build metrics, educate diverse stakeholder groups, assist science groups in initial solution design, and audit all model implementation. A successful candidate in this position will have a background in communicating across significant differences, prioritizing competing requests, and quantifying decisions made. You will balance the tradeoffs between customer experience, network speed, and cost, to measurably improve our last mile network in a 3 to 6-month timeframe.
· Masters in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, or related quantitative discipline.
· 2 years industry experience in defining and building metrics, performing business analysis, and quantifying decisions through the utilization of data
· Expert knowledge of Python
· Experience managing disparate data sets
· Deep appreciation for diversity of thought and proponent for collaborative solutions.
· Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions at a level appropriate for technical and non-technical audiences.
· Exposure to conflict resolution and an ability to identify the best path forward in the face of competing asks
In addition to those in basic qualifications, we would love to talk to you if you have any of the following:
· PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, or related quantitative discipline.
· Expert knowledge of Sql
· Experience with processing, analyzing, and modeling with GPS and/or weather data
· Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, R, Java, C++, etc.)
· Experience with big data: extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large data quantities (100K to Millions of rows) via AWS technologies, SQL, and data pipelines
· Experience with agile/scrum methodologies and its benefits of keeping scientists on track and iteratively delivering results.
· Familiarity with Logistics/Supply Chain, or related Businesses.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.