Amazon rewards team is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Economist to work with senior management on key business problems affecting internal rewards products to support flexible workforce models and guide leaders in making rewards investments.
You will apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, advertising and other areas.
You will build econometric models, using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment.
Economists at Amazon are expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company.
Our team helps Amazon leaders make optimal rewards decisions by providing timely, accurate and actionable insights founded on data and research. We’re working backwards to invent new products that support greater flexibility for our employees and help deliver new experiences to Amazon customers.
You will collaborate with other Economists, Data Engineers, Research Scientists and Software Developers to build useful new products using the latest AWS technologies.
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· PhD in Economics or related field 5+ years post PhD experience
· Proficient with Stata or equivalent Experience with structural model for causal based prediction
· Experience with handling of large datasets
· Ability to attack complex business questions with data; the curiosity to dive deep, identify the root cause rather than just spot the trends
· Ability to thrive in an environment that is tasked with providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable.
· Familiarity with causal effect identification
· Experience working with software developers and product managers
· Experience with machine learning models
· Familiarity with handling of large datasets