Transportation Risk & Compliance (TRC) is a team supports and protects all of Amazon’s transportation businesses by designing and implementing scalable risk management solutions which enable business growth. These systems, invisible to the customer, aim to work seamlessly across the transportation network to ensure safe and compliant business continuity.
As Amazon is continuously developing new transportation solutions, we are looking for an experienced Senior Risk Manager. This role will be responsible for leading the new business and strategic initiatives portion of the risk management lifecycle and working with our global stakeholders to evaluate and assess inherent program, compliance, and regulatory risks. In this highly visible role, you will work closely with the legal, business, product, and engineering teams, to ensure that risk mitigation countermeasures are effective to ensure continued safety and compliance for Amazon and our transportation partners. This senior leader will leverage their knowledge of regulations, their insight into industry standards, their experience in risk assessment and mitigation to create and influence Amazon’s transportation policies and strategies throughout the business life-cycle.
· Bachelor's degree in business, policy, risk management or related field
· 6+ years of risk management, regulatory engagement, or similar discipline experience including engaging with external stakeholders
· Self-starter who can develop strategic direction, plan effective tactics and deliver specific results.
· Exceptional, demonstrated project management experience.
· Demonstrated ability to understand varied and complex business processes and technologies.
· Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact at all corporate and political levels. Ability to create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences.
· Must be flexible and demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills. Intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
· Ability to prioritize workloads and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
· Master's degree in business, policy, risk management or related field
· 5+ years in a previous role professionally interacting regularly and directly with senior executives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.