Echo Frames are Amazon's first all-day, prescription-ready smart glasses, enabling customers to take magical Alexa on-the-go. We are an world class and hand-on team that is putting the latest technologies into a form that is familiar to millions of glasses wearers, in a way that has never been done by other companies, enabling them to experience Alexa and audio hands-free and ears open.
Our UX design team is looking for a Sr. Design Technologist to imagine and prototype next-generation features for our product. The multi-disciplinary UX team believes in making as part of thinking, and your work will be an integral part of our design process. You will work side-by-side UX designers, Visual designers, UX Researchers, and Design Technologists to give form to early UX ideas. Collaborating closely with members the UX, Product, Software and Hardware teams, your work will help surface options and their trade-offs, informing direction of the product.
This position requires a combination of experimentation mindset and curiosity in new benefits technology can bring to customers, supported by a keen understanding in best tools to prototype the design in hand. You will be expected to quickly create prototypes to sketch out design ideas and, at times, create prototypes that customers can use over a number of days. As the trusted technologist in the UX team, you will be expected to provide early technology deep dives to advise designers on what is possible in our production hardware and software. You are expected to be highly self-driven, comfortable with ambiguous requirements, and eager to work across domains.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Build high-quality, functional prototypes that convey, prove, and advance the vision of future products and applications.
· Collaborate with design leadership and key stakeholders from concept through shipping.
· Work with designers, product managers, management, internal business partners, and other subject matter experts.
· Participate in the full lifecycle of product development; including ideation, design, development, implementation and validation.
· Advance design thinking through your knowledge of platform capabilities and limitations as you support your design team and work with partner engineering teams.
· Work quickly with minimal documentation and technical support.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, HCI, related field or equivalent experience.
· 7+ years of experience as a front-end developer or UX prototyper, preferably within a UX design team.
· Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
· Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
· Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and technical partners.
· Programming experience on Android and iOS.
· Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
· Experience in communicating with customers, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence.