The apprenticeship program was built on veteran hiring initiatives. U.S. Veterans and current U.S. Armed Forces including Reserves and National Guard, utilizing the SkillBridge program are all encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates will be considered.
If you're seeking a career transition into a technical field, but don't know where to start, this may be the right opportunity for you. If accepted, apprentices will be provided both formalized IT training and on the job training leading to an opportunity to join Amazon’s world-class technical teams. You will work with some of the best and brightest, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. As an apprentice, you will have a unique opportunity to combine technical and hands-on training with Amazon Web Services team as they help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
In 2020, AWS will have a number of apprenticeships in both the cleared and commercial space.
· Software Development Engineer Apprentice. This position is live now! If you are SkillBridge eligible & seeking a position starting in October 2020 - You are encouraged to apply! We have commercial openings with a start date in October 2020.
· Solution Architect Apprentice
We are actively interviewing for commercial opportunities starting October 2020
We are currently reviewing applications for our 2020 Military Apprenticeships starting 5 October 2020. If you are seeking a 2020 SkillBridge opportunity, please apply directly to our open opportunities.
Our current opportunities are posted on our landing page here: https://www.amazon.jobs/mil-apprentice.
If you are seeking a SkillBridge Apprenticeship opportunity in 2021, we will be sharing our 2021 Military Apprenticeship opportunities later this year on the AWS Military Apprenticeship landing page. Please apply for additional information & connect with an AWS Military Technical Recruiter!
If you don’t see an apprenticeship opportunity you are interested in posted on our landing page, check back soon as we update our landing page regularly.
If you would like more information or would like to explore additional DOD SkillBridge opportunities across Amazon, please send an inquiry to email@example.com.
Basic qualifications vary by program. Most programs require:
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in STEM or related field OR a 2-year degree in a technical field AND 2+ years of hands-on technical troubleshooting experience.
· Approved to participate in the SkillBridge program with your military installation command, click here to learn more about the application process: https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/how-to-apply.htm
For specific program information, please ask a recruiter for more information.
Preferred qualifications vary by program. Many programs include:
· Systems administration (Linux or Unix)
· Networking (TCP/IP, DNS)
· Some programming / scripting experience (Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, C/C++/C#, and/or PHP)