The Alexa Natural Language Understanding (NLU) Interpretations team enables tens of thousands of internal and external developers to increase Alexa’s capabilities much more rapidly, in every language. We’re building a new team to support technology transfer and training for Alexa Domain teams to build their own NLU models, using the NLU Interpretations tools and services. Our team is made up of inspired product managers, strong technical leaders, and motivated, autonomous software engineers and scientists.
As a Applied Scientist II on the team, you will help our customers build NLU models using our technology and help us launch a new product across the company. You will be diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
Other responsibilities include:
· Help drive the ML models and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
· Utilize various metric sources to deliver rapid iterations of models
· Propose new modeling solutions and run experiments to prove their efficacy
· Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds,
· Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Graduate degree in Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Statistics or related field
· 8+ years experience in data scientist, analyst or NLP specialist role with a large technology company
· Experience in two or more of these or similar Natural Language Processing topics: word categorization and tagging, syntactic parsing, word sense disambiguation, topic modeling; contextual text mining, application of machine learning to NLP, semantic similarity, phrasal semantic analysis, text matching and similarity, word embedding, lexicon normalization, named entity recognition
· Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
· Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment
· Experience collaborating with software development teams, data scientists, business intelligence or other technical roles
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.