Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history! The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Principal Technical Program Manager to coordinate and manage research and development activities across a diverse team consisting of scientists, hardware engineers/technicians, and software developers.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including meditation scheduling, running group meet-ups, and a culture of sharing wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs. You will work closely with quantum research scientists and have opportunities to learn about quantum computing technology and contribute to the development of scientific software for quantum computing at AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering, (Applied) Science, Business Administration, or other related field from an accredited university
· 5+ years technical program management experience for large-scale programs involving a mixture of research, engineering, and production
· Superior project planning, design, management, and project execution skills, with demonstrated success in completing projects with “on time and on budget” results.
· Highly effective communication skills, in written form, one-on-one, and within a group and team environment.
· Experience managing a large-scale program in scope, personnel, and budget
· Experience managing programs of a highly technical nature spanning multiple scientific and engineering disciplines
· Experience preparing and delivering presentations to high-level leadership/audiences
· Experience working alongside scientific and engineering leadership; Experience working with both corporate and academic partners
· Experience delivering on multiple, complex projects within a single program
· Experience coordinating efforts amongst teams across multiple locations and time zones
· Strong track record of creative problem solving
· Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills, paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
· Sophisticated knowledge of software tools for managing at the program and individual project level