Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history! The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Program Manager to oversee the procurement and supply chain processes of complex experimental apparatus.
The ideal candidate thinks long term, drives multiple initiatives, communicates appropriately and influences customers and suppliers at all levels. You will be collaborative, but also work with significant autonomy. To be successful in this role you will be highly analytical; think strategically and globally; exhibit curiosity and learning drive; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines, succeed in a fast-paced environment; and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. It will be critical to embrace and model Amazon’s Leadership Principles and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Proven experience driving large-scale process improvements resulting in measurable value
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Demonstrated ability to influence teams to adopt change utilizing smart technologies
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where ambiguity exists and continuous innovation is desired
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
· Demonstrated analytical, financial and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
· Ability to see ahead comprehensively and devise a strong plan of action, and ensure execution happens on time, every time
· Ability to get things done and produce conclusive, measurable results within time commitments
· Strong influencing skills
· Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, Operations, or other field from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
· 8+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience including vendor negotiations, global contract management, process improvement and supplier relationship management
· 8+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain, inventory management and operations
· Masters degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Operations
· Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, sourcing, optimization, logistics
· Experience in data centers, engineering, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company
· Strong track record of creative problem solving using lean principles, and the desire to create and build new processes.
· Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g., order cycle time, ship estimate accuracy, on time and complete shipment, inventory record defect rate)
· Experience practicing best-in-class procurement processes (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
· Strong quantitative, financial and qualitative analytical skills paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
· Experience developing tools, reports, process maps, scorecards, and data visualizations that improve upon those currently employed for understanding the business and making decisions
· Tableau or other data visualization tools
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.