Amazon seeks an experienced Finance Manager/Finance Business Partner to support the worldwide Comixology and Kindle Comics businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most unique and interesting Amazon subsidiaries, and exercise your strategic finance partnering skills by working closely with the subsidiary CEO. The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and will provide decision support and advice for key senior business leaders.
This position may be located in either Seattle or New York City. If in Seattle, occasional travel to NYC will be required.
· Lead financial planning and monthly P&L reviews with the Kindle Comics / Comixology Leadership Team based in New York and Seattle
· Develop and implement standardized financial reports
· Work closely with both business and finance teams to create/review financial models ranging from new business opportunities to long term plans, and conduct monthly business reviews
· Interface with a wide variety of stakeholders for planning, reporting, and new business development needs
· Identify and implement reporting improvements; deep dive on business needs and analyze business opportunities/investments.
· Lead and participate as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
· Controllership of monthly financial reporting and understand/communicate financial impacts from business processes to cross functional stakeholders
· BA/BS degree in business, finance, or a related field and 7+ years finance experience OR
· Masters and 5+ years finance experience.
· Knowledge of financials reporting and data mining tools (Cognos, SQL, Access, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage complex financial models
· Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
· Experience managing people
· Advanced Excel skills
· Strong communication, including both written and oral