Video advertising is a complex, multi-sided market with many technologies at play within the industry. The industry is rapidly growing and evolving as viewers are shifting from traditional TV viewing to OTT and publishers are increasingly adding video content to their online experiences. Amazon’s video advertising program is a rising competitor in this industry. Amazon’s service has differentiated assets in our customer & audience insights, exclusive video content, and associated inventory which position us well as an end to end service for advertisers and agencies. As our business grows, we are continually experimenting with a portfolio of emerging ideas and technology as well as global expansion. We seek passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to help foster these nascent ideas into scalable products and launch them into the market.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) you will be the primary driver of our software development process by partnering with product manager, engineers, other TPMs, and senior leadership to design, develop and launch world-class solutions. This role is inherently cross-functional with a high degree of ambiguity. You will be a highly visible leader that will own the communication, coordination, and execution of key projects. You will be working alongside some of the smartest engineers at Amazon.
In this role, you will provide project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, quantify the impact of making tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints. You will provide technical leadership that gets products built and integrated into the advertising ecosystem. A successful candidate is highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products that advertisers love. The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with an expeditious drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
· Translate customer’s business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
· Ascertain the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
· Run in front of the engineering team, helping define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, and provide guidance to the team regarding architecture, design, and priorities
· Apply project management and Agile methodology skills to manage scope, plan work, coordinate resource deployment on tasks, analyze risks/develop mitigation strategies and proactively identify and resolve issues.
· Capture, share and leverage your best practice knowledge across a broad group of engineers throughout all subsidiaries
· Provide leadership and perspective, and drive stakeholders to decisions in ambiguous situations.
· Apply continuous improvement methodologies to analyze and understand existing processes and workflows
· Partner as a technical liaison between customers, business and engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· 7 + years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency with agile or other program management methodologies
· Product development experience (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services)
· Adept at building processes, project management, and release schedules
· Expertise working on large and deeply transformative projects
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Experience driving multifaceted, cross functional initiatives
· Track record of software projects delivery
· Resourceful in an ambiguous environment
· Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
· Knowledge of Amazon technologies (e.g. AWS)
· Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.