Passionate about helping customers simplify and accelerate their machine learning workloads on Sagemaker and AWS? Come join the Machine Learning Marketplace team and help us build the future of ML.
You'll work alongside engineers and leaders in both AWS Marketplace and Sagemaker. You will have deep understanding and experience building Machine Learning models and how to apply them in practice. You will invent new ways for sellers to package IP and enable buyers with the right capabilities to evaluate, experiment, re-train and integrate machine learning into their systems.
We are looking for highly motivated applied scientists and engineers interested to help us realize the vision of simple and effective ML.
· Designing and implementing new features in Marketplace and SageMaker to enable IP packaging, training, evaluation.
· Work with Fortune 500 companies to understand use cases and help build prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
· Lead teams of engineers in building the latest ML features for marketplace
· Evaluate existing capabilities and provide guidance for ML best practices and state-of-the-art.
· Working closely with Product Managers to expand depth of our product insights with data, create a variety of experiments, and determine the highest-impact projects to include in planning roadmaps
· Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members
· Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds
· Being a cultural leader that ensures teams are collecting, understanding, and using data to inform every decision that impacts our customers
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, a start-up mentality, excellent project management skills, and great communication skills.
· PHD/MS. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation.
· At least 2+ years hands on experience programming in R, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages
· Hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl
· Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively deliver technical implementations having complex dependencies and requirements.
· 7+ years of hands-on experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, Natural Language Processing, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, informational retrieval
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
· Proven track in leading, mentoring, and growing teams of scientists
· Experience with digital media, online advertising or retail
· Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation