Are you a visionary personality looking for an opportunity to think big? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a growing organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? If so, the Amazon GSF Delivery and Transportation team is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results, to create and execute a worldwide Amazon transportation network. They will work closely with our retail and operations partners across the globe in order to effectively manage volume flows and fullness for our fulfillment centers and delivery stations.
We are seeking an experienced leader for an exciting opportunity to work within the Transportation Network Planning team, providing support across NA operations, with the ability to forecast packages at delivery station level and connect the inputs upstream to forecast trailers and labor planning.
The Network Planning Program Manager works across the NA organization in a cross-functional environment with the Delivery Stations, Fulfillment Centers, Technology teams, and the Retail organizations to determine future demand, and translates this forecast information into accurate capacity plans and makes system adjustments to manage to the plan. S/he also maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (LM/Ops/Delivery Stations/FCs/SCs) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity. Planning Program Managers will also work on Peak event planning such as Prime Day/Peak. An ideal candidate should be able to understand the requirements/be able to analyze data and notice trends and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Strong ability to quickly understand and assess simulation results and the business impact of trends to make the best decisions based on available data.
· Configure the inputs driving shipping decisions for packages in our global transportation network.
· Define metrics to measure transportation performance and drive continuous improvement by identifying ways to streamline processes and reduce non-value added work.
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed is a plus – this ability will be developed over time for a candidate who is fundamentally strong analytically.
· Systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
· Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by Transportation and Operations.
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
· Problem solve and design solutions for Amazon's transportation network, support large scale transportation programs.
· Maintain/update internal documentation for internal training and reference.
· Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance or technical field from an accredited university.
· 5+ years of hands-on industry experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis.
· Experience with Supply Chain Management concepts, e.g., forecasting, planning, optimization, product flows, transportation, distribution and fulfillment.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
· Ability to think big, understand business strategy, and provide consultative business analysis.
· Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers.
· Experience communicating with senior management (VP level decision makers) as well as cross functional with colleagues from engineering, operations, data sciences, and business verticals.
· Experience with supply chain modeling and other statistical analysis tools.
· MBA or MS, and work experience in a technical or finance field.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
· A track record of delivering large analytical solutions with big business impact
· Network Modelling and Optimization experience.
· Prior experience with Lean/Six Sigma.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL and R.
· Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.