How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge customer need through disruptive, innovative technology, reinventing an industry?
As a Sr. Program Manager for Amazon Go, you will leverage a strong customer focus to develop, drive and manage a complex cross-functional program for a new store format. This role requires a candidate who can work backwards from customer requirements, to develop and deliver long term solutions. Qualified candidates will have consumer retail exposure in addition to prior experience implementing new strategies and mechanisms for program and project management. The ideal candidate will be strategic, with strong critical thinking and communication skills and able to work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment moving quickly towards scale. The successful candidate is highly organized, analytical, and has a proven ability to manage critical work streams concurrently and to completion. This role requires a drive to always obsess over customers, dive into the details, solve new problems as they arise, be right a lot and look around corners. This role leads cross-functional efforts across category management, store development, supply chain, operations, tech, marketing, finance, legal, and product development. This is a big, exciting role with regular senior leadership visibility!
The Team: We are new team within the Amazon Go business exploring opportunities to leverage Just Walk Out Technology that powers Amazon physical stores to support new store formats and partnerships. Go introduces a new retail shopping paradigm with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by the same types of technologies used in self-driving cars: computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning.
The Role: As a Sr. Program Manager, you will use a combination of outstanding leadership, thought clarity, analytical skills, cross-functional partnership, and strategic thinking to innovate on behalf of our customers. You thrive in cutting through ambiguity to drive solutions and have a strong understanding of physical retail and sales fundamentals. You also have a proven track record of owning and delivering world-class experiences to customers that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective. Lastly, you deliver results in an ambiguous, fast-paced, dynamic business environment and are highly comfortable exercising fantastic judgment across a spectrum of highly diverse problems.
Sr. Program Manager Job Responsibilities:
• Lead across internal and external cross-functional teams to drive overall program objectives, effectively manage scope and issue resolution.
• Own the creation and maintenance of the end-end project plan inclusive of defining and managing cross-work stream dependencies.
• Create and manage program management tools and resources to drive seamless program execution and adhere to deadlines and key milestones.
• Adapt to an ever-changing environment and be able to cut through ambiguity and drive execution.
• Think big, invent and work backwards from customer requirements, to drive cross-functional teams to develop and prioritize new capabilities for the format.
• Leverage exceptional verbal and written communication skills to manage effectively at all levels and lead executive decision making.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in management consulting, start-ups, program or product management, physical retail, ecommerce, finance and/or marketing
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate across multiple senior leadership teams
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver programs and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience in leading and delivering complex programs from start to finish, while managing adherence to strategic intent and customer experience, with the ability to drive prioritization and consensus across business units
· MBA or advanced degree
· Extensive experience in physical retail or consumer products industries
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
· Proven analytical skills and highly numerate
· Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
· Knowledge of consumer related metrics, funnel analysis, conversion, customer acquisition and retention, and go-to-market strategies for technology products and services