Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Sponsored Brands Recommendations team is a versatile environment, with a wide variety of challenges. We focus on helping advertisers by providing recommendations to help them achieve their goals. We look at mega size data from both retail and advertising space, and coming up with ML based recommendations through multiple products.
As a Data Scientist, you will solve real world problems by analyzing large amounts of business data, diving deep to identify business insights and opportunities, designing simulations and experiments, developing statistical and ML models by tailoring to business needs, and collaborating with scientists, engineers, BIE's, product managers. The successful candidate should have a strong quantitative background and excellent data analytics / math skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Master's or PhD in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field
· 4+ years of experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
· Current experience as as scientist building ML models and working with a large technology company.
· Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.