Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you interesting in learning more about distribution and logistics of Consumer Electronics devices. The Amazon Prototype Device Distribution & Logistics team is looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive at solving tough problems. As a Program Manager in the Proto Device Distribution and Logistics team, you will work closely with a diverse cross functional team program to establish processes and coordinate global distribution and logistics devices in development at Lab126. Occasional travel to US and international engineering sites may be required.
Day to day responsibilities for the role include:
- Coordination of global distribution and logistics for assigned programs
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to establish and audit device usage guidelines
- Receive, inventory, and distribute devices based on instructions from Device Program Manager
- Recall devices and prepare them for secure scrapping
- Learn and utilize various productivity tools to streamline distribution and logistics
- Collaborate with our software development team to define and BETA test feature enhancements to internally developed distribution and logistics tool.
- Assist users with technical questions about our distribution tool or policies
- Collaborate with device distributors in other Amazon offices
- Maintain communication with the factory and escalate issues when necessary
· Bachelor's Degree
· 2+ years experience in program or project management
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2+ years experience in a consumer electronics company.
· Experience providing technical customer support (such as I.T. help desk)
· Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a multi-project, multi-deadline environment
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong understanding of Operations/Logistics
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.