Where will Amazon’s growth come from next year? In five years? Which product lines are staged to quintuple in size, and which ones are mature? How will our customers react to changes in prices, or selection, or delivery speed?
These are among the most important questions in Amazon today. The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) team owns Amazon’s global inventory planning systems: SCOT decides what, when, who, where, and how much inventory to buy in order to meet customer needs as well as Amazon’s business goals. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems.
SCOT Finance is looking for a Finance Manager to support the Optimal Sourcing Systems (OSS) technology team, an organization of over 500 employees.
Responsibilities will include:
· Partner with Retail teams in vendor negotiations to drive hundreds of millions of incremental profitability through reduced freight costs and increased freight revenues.
· Partner with research scientists and economists to build inventory valuation and optimization models.
· Support Core Sourcing and Vendor Selection programs that influence nearly all buying decisions for the Retail business, resulting in millions of decisions every day and billions of dollars every month.
· Help build a best in class imports program, which is growing exponentially and has high visibility from senior management.
· Serve as the finance leader working directly with the FBA Inbound, Strategic Sourcing, Direct Fulfillment and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations.
· Support new Technology programs which improve customer experience and financial performance through FCF and Inventory management.
· Meet with Retail Finance and Category Leaders to drive project adoption and implementation across the business.
· Review and validate economic models and analytics ensuring initiatives are traceable to financial metrics and resource allocations are justified.
· Develop financial metrics based on statistical modeling and simulation techniques to audit initiatives.
· Coordinate and author narratives for MBRs, QBRs, Operating Plans, and project related deep dives.
· Build and maintain high level knowledge across all business areas by staying current on initiatives, challenges/opportunities across the business
· Prepare financial updates, including relevant analyses versus prior periods and providing forecasts/budgets, examining associated risk/opportunities with respect to Technology resources
· 5+ years of experience in a large corporate finance environment with heavy emphasis on analytics
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or economics
· 2+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
· MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
· Demonstrated ability to drive change, including automating and simplifying processes
· Facilitating and driving meetings with senior leaders
· Experience writing SQL queries, knowledge of reporting tools such as Cognos, Tableau, and AWS Quicksight
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills — including written and oral communication
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
· Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment