Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services!
The AWS Data Center Planning and Delivery team is searching for a passionate, talented, and experienced Program Management leader to develop and manage a program portfolio for our global Infrastructure business, to lead our efforts in delivering infrastructure plans and execution for service teams. Specifically, this person will lead an organization responsible for Service Planning and Capacity Delivery, and serves as a critical conduit between service teams (EC2, S3, etc) and teams delivering the physical infrastructure which underpin these services. We are looking for a relentless self-starter that will boldly do what’s best for the business to serve our customers; someone with a true pioneering spirit, willing to “get hands dirty” in a start-up environment while being able to prioritize resources and not lose sight of long term goals.
In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. You will work with business and technology partners to manage the program portfolio against priorities, sequencing, milestones, and program goals. You will provide visibility for all programs for deliverables and status, and serve to connect the portfolio to business partners and customer needs. This is a high-impact role, offering an opportunity to drive and influence business-critical decisions which will have a direct impact on the long-term success of AWS.
The ideal candidate for this role is a leader who has a passion for process improvement, the ability to operate with a high level of autonomy, ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and can execute in a highly ambiguous environment. Your customer obsession will enable you to bring the voice of the service owner to the table across all infrastructure engagements. If you have high judgment, strong portfolio management, problem-solving and communication skills, and the desire to be part of the fastest growing and largest cloud business in the world - you’ve found a new home.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Developing and a driving a program to manage infrastructure plans for service owners
· Be the voice of the service owner to the infrastructure teams
· Developing and driving mechanisms that help to monitor and escalate against the health of infrastructure delivery. You escalate issues which require attention of the executive leadership team members.
· Creating program goals and related metrics, tracking progress, and managing through obstacles to achieve your objectives.
· Communicating performance, articulating root-cause analysis, and linking to specific improvement areas.
· Owning communications including meetings, program updates, quarterly briefings, and strategic deep dives.
· Participating in complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement.
· Engaging as a stakeholder and thought leader in the development of new metrics, automation of manual processes, and development of new programs
· Communicating (both written and verbal) to a wide range of audiences including AWS executive leadership.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, or related discipline
· 10+ years of technology or infrastructure program or project management experience
· 5+ years leading and developing teams
· MBA or other relevant Master's degree
· 5+ years experience with inventory modeling and supply chain management concepts (e.g., forecasting, planning, optimization)
· Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills at the executive level
· Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge normal operations
· Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering high impact results on global projects
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks while managing stakeholder expectations
· Experience managing and engaging technical & non-technical stakeholders
· Experience leading cross-org v-teams and working with a matrixed team of stakeholders to achieve common goals
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation